2012 American Feature
Cast: Thure Lindhardt, Zachary Booth, Julianne Nicholson, Souleymane Sy Savane, Paprika Steen and Miguel del Toro
Director: Ira Sachs
Writer: Ira Sachs and Mauricio Zacharias
In 1998 Manhattan, filmmaker Erik bonds with closeted lawyer Paul after a fling. As their relationship becomes one fueled by highs, lows and dysfunctional patterns, Erik struggles to negotiate his own boundaries while being true to himself.
- Official site
- Internet Movie Database page
- Wikipedia page
- Box Office Mojo total domestic gross: $246,112
- Movie Dearest review
- Internet Movie Database: 5.9/10
- Rotten Tomatoes - Critics: 90% / Audience: 63%
- Metacritic - Critics: 79% / Audience: 7.4 %
- OMG rating: 8/10
- DVD/Blu-ray: Available
- Soundtrack: Available
- Berlin International Film Festival Teddy Award for Best Feature Film.
- Gay & Lesbian Entertainment Critics Association Dorian Award for LGBT-Themed Film of the Year; also nominated for Film of the Year.
- GLAAD Media Award nomination for Outstanding Film - Limited Release.
- Independent Spirit Award nominations for Best Feature, Director, Male Lead (Lindhardt) and Screenplay.
- Movie Dearest Award for Movie of the Year.
- Based on director/co-writer Ira Sachs' own past relationship with Bill Clegg, a literary agent who published his own memoir about his struggles with addiction, Portrait of an Addict as a Young Man, in 2010.
Related OMG Posts:
OMG Movie #47
Rate Keep the Lights On below and add your own reviews in the comments section.